Dr Connan passionately believes that the health and wellbeing of mothers, their babies and their families is best provided by obstetricians working with women themselves.
Respecting that every woman has a unique story, women's healthcare deserves to be provided in a personalised way.
At her practice TasOGS, Kirsten provides comprehensive antenatal, birthing and postnatal care for women who are planning to birth at the Hobart Private Hospital. Dr Connan's practice is located in the heart of Hobart immediately opposite Hobart Private Hospital, allowing ready and convenient access to both her outpatient consulting and in-patient care.
Dr Connan supports vaginal births, elective caesarean sections, and vaginal birth after caesarean section (VBAC). Kirsten only accepts 10 pregnant women per month. This ensures Kirsten has time for each woman and her family, and ensures she herself remains appropriately rested. This is essential to ensure clinical excellence and safety can be achieved for her women, and for her own self-care.
Kirsten is on-call and available for emergencies 24 hours a day on weekdays, and for the majority of weekends for her patients. During her weekend off, or her leave away from Hobart, Kirsten's patients are cared for by another female obstetrician. All women are offered the opportunity to meet this alternate obstetrician during their pregnancy.
Kirsten is committed to provide personal obstetric care that is:
- Open-minded toward conception, pregnancy and birthing preferences.
- Personable and non-judgemental towards women, their families and support networks.
- Sensitive to the physical, psychological and social impacts a pregnancy may have on a woman’s wellbeing.
- Provided collaboratively with the midwives from both TasOGS and Hobart Private Hospital.
- Ensures her rapid presence at Hobart Private Hospital in the event of an emergency.